Is RAM upgrade possible on Aspire One Happy?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by coges, Feb 12, 2011.

1. coges

coges

I have recently purchased an Aspire One Happy with Atom N550 Processor and 1gb DDR3 RAM. I keep hearing and reading (online) inconsistent info re whether I can upgrade to 2gb RAM. At least one Australian memory supplier (RamCity) says I can upgrade but nothing on the Acer site indicates that I can. Can anyone confirm for me, one way or the other?

coges, Feb 12, 2011
  2. coges

donec

The amount of RAM is determined by the chip set and not the processor. It appears as though the main difference in the Aspire One Happy and the Acer Aspire One D255 (Intel Atom N550) DDR3 is the case colors and some extra metal in the body. According to Crucial.com if you have the Acer Aspire One D255 (Intel Atom N550) DDR3 with the Intel chip set Intel NM10 then your computer will handle up to 2048MB of memory. However they show an error when you try and check for Aspire One Happy. I would say you should find out which chip set you have.

donec, Feb 13, 2011
  3. coges

tccc143

Yes, 2gb will work. I have crucial ram in mine (ddr3, 2gb, 1333) and it works great.

tccc143, Mar 1, 2011
Ask a Question