Is Microsoft forcing you to install Windows 10?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Sefie, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Sefie

Sealpikachu

This happened to me too! After the waiting period passed though, it kept wanting me to update without giving the option not to. It just keeps happenig over and over again and has no cancel option. I really didn't like 10 the first time it installed, so many of my apps were not compatible. It just didn't work for me.

Sealpikachu, May 17, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  2. Sefie

Lisa Davis

I get constant messages from Windows urging me to update to Windows 10. As much as I tell Windows "no," my computer politely keeps urging me to do so. I guess it is an effective way to market the product, but it is so often and so insistent, it makes me want to at least try another OS.

Lisa Davis, May 18, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  3. Sefie

bangtanboys

Microsoft is being a little too pushy with Windows 10, it's starting to get on my nerves. If I didn't want to install it the last 42353 times, I doubt I will say yes the next time. There was a time when it completely didn't give me an option to say no, and just went ahead and decided to install Windows 10 on its own. Needless to say, I ignored the "don't turn off your device" warning, and had to force shut down my laptop.
    They are still trying to impose W10 on me, but at least these days the cancel button is more visible.

bangtanboys, Jul 28, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  4. Sefie

IBMPC8088

For those who haven't used things from or heard of GRC labs from the days of Spinrite for MFM and RLL hard drives...here's something new from them called Never10 to help you control or prevent Microsoft from forcing their Windows 10 downgrades: Never10

For any virtual machines of windows that I use, I just patch the system files and registry, and remove the things Microsoft would use to update the system or get at it like they normally do.

Most users aren't going to be at the liberty to do that on a bare metal machine or worry themselves with such things, so you can safely use Never 10 as a free program to stop Microsoft from doing that to your PC or Laptop quickly and easily.

IBMPC8088, Jul 28, 2016
Ask a Question