Is it true only 1 GB Max for Aspire One D150-1950?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by MisterToad, Apr 4, 2009.

1. MisterToad

MisterToad

Hello, All,

I'm new to the whole RAM upgrade thing, so please be patient. :?

PROBLEM: From Amazon, I received (a week ago) my 10.1 inch Aspire One D150-1950, with 1 GB Ram and 160 GB Harddrive, Win XP. I know its is the fault of XP, but just surfing the Web thru IE7 is slow and causes disk thrashing like my old Win 98 Dell I purchased back in 1997.

ACER SUPPORT REQUEST: I asked Acer via their support site if I could pay them to increase the RAM to 2GB, (the upgrade looks a little risky in the posts, so I thought I'd ask....and here is their reply (name removed)....

ACER REPLY: "Response - 04/03/2009 10:40 PM Dear Robert ____, Thank you for contacting Acer America. I’ll be happy to assist you. Please be advised that your computer already shipped with its maximum hardware capability and could no longer be upgraded. For more information, you may call Aspire One..."

QUESTION: Is this true that my Acer "Aspire One D150-1950" cannot be upgraded beyond 1GB? Or is this just an IT person who would rather provide an answer than admit ignorance (I work in IT, so I get this all this time). :D

Thank you so much for any help or comments you may provide,

Robt.

MisterToad, Apr 4, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. MisterToad

melhiore

As far as I remember from tech specs there is one slot for RAM. As a default AA1 comes with only 1GB f RAM. I believe you can upgrade RAM to 2GB IMHO...

melhiore, Apr 4, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. MisterToad

goofball

2GB limit. Buy a 2GB module and install (removing the current 1GB installed). Enjoy.

goofball, Apr 4, 2009
  4. MisterToad

serialtoon

I didnt want to open a thread, so i decided to just ask my question here in hopes that someone can answer it. Im having a hard time finding some 2GB SODIMM stick in the 533Mhz variety. Can someone help me look or can i just use the 667Mhz stick? Thanks!! :D

serialtoon, Apr 20, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question