Is it possible to run a windows mobile application on linpus

Discussion in 'Linux' started by drewdoog, Jan 10, 2009.

1. drewdoog

drewdoog

Ive been googling for a few days now and have not found anything on it. I am trying to run a locationfree player on linpus, and I have two options for supported software: Windows based pc or windows mobile. The program for windows (PC) and wine has been rated as garbage as it will not run, and that leaves me with just windows mobile software. Is it possible to run a windows mobile app on linpus?

drewdoog, Jan 10, 2009
  2. drewdoog

maztor

Just try.

maztor, Jan 10, 2009
  3. drewdoog

daldred

I've found a few indications (googling '"windows mobile" linux wine) that there is a problem with running the Windows Mobile emulator for Windows uner Wine (sort of an emulator on an emulator) because the two emulation layers can't sort out network communications between them. No-one seems to have it running.

This appears to be Sony proprietary software: why not ask them to make it work under Linux?

daldred, Jan 10, 2009
  4. drewdoog

cpchan

I for one stay far away from Sony products. Their software is terrible (just look at SonicStage). They also have this tendency of pushing they own proprietary formats (for example ATRAC) and DRM (see the CD rootkit fiasco).

cpchan, Jan 10, 2009
  5. drewdoog

mattytee

mattytee, Jan 12, 2009
Ask a Question