Is it a good idea to keep Huawei matebook x pro plugged-in when it is fully charged??

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by MajRez, Feb 10, 2021.

1. MajRez

MajRez

I have a question regarding my new laptop and I would be grateful if you can answer it.
    I have bought a Huawei matebook x pro 2020 and I need to use it around 12 hours per day (home office). I have heard that the new lithium-polymer or lithium-ion batteries have a limited number of charging cycles and so, it is better to keep the laptop plugged-in when it is fully charged to prolong the battery life. In matebook laptops there is also a good option for battery protection that stops battery charging when reaching a maximum level. But my problem is that when I keep the laptop plugged-in, it gets very hot and the fan works frequently and loudly, even when the laptop is idle. So, what is your suggestion? Which one is better: to keep my laptop plugged-in and do not care if it gets hot or to charge it up to a certain level and then unplug my laptop and continue working on battery?

MajRez, Feb 10, 2021
Ask a Question