iPhone 7 to Be 'Waterproof', Support Wireless Charging: Report

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sefie, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Sefie

Sefie

[​IMG]

Earlier this week, it was rumoured that Apple will do away with the 3.5mm headphone jack on the iPhone 7, and release wireless earphones alongside. Now, a few more details have been reported regarding the headphones, water-resistant design, and wireless charging. The report once again suggests that the company will ditch the 3.5mm headphone jack.

According to a recent report by Fast Company, the upcoming iPhone model might ditch the 3.5mm headphone jack and instead use the Lightning port for wired headphones. The piece of information has been rumoured previously as well. However, there is no confirmation on the news as of yet. The previous report added that Apple will make available a Lightning "convert up" to allow headphones with a 3.5mm outlet to be used with the Lightning connector. The new report added that Apple is working with Cirrus Logic to "adapt the audio chipset in the iPhone to work with the Lightning port."

In addition, it has been mentioned that the rumoured iPhone 7 audio system will include new noise-cancellation technology from UK-based company, Wolfson Microelectronics, now a part of Cirrus Logic. This software from Wolfson "will be backed into the phone and the headphones that plug into it," the report added, helping reduce background noise during calls and music playback. The report carries on to say that third-party manufacturers will have to buy a licence to use the technology in their headsets.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/new...proof-support-wireless-charging-report-787243

Sefie, Jan 8, 2016
  2. Sefie

IcyBC

Whoa, with this new change, consumers will gopple them up as fast as Apple can produce it! I can actually see the waiting line forming at stores now, lol.. Wireless charging would be a great thing to have really, but honestly, I don't see the need to spend hundreds of dollars chasing a new product every time it comes out on the market.

I suppose all the companies on this planet have to find a way to excite their customers and will always come out with some new spec to attract them.

IcyBC, Jan 8, 2016
  3. Sefie

Sefie

I actually hope to see something like this coming to Android :) Maybe a phone that can be charged by the sun light? That would be awesome and oh so practical. A for the waterproof... of yes, I can see why a lot people will be buying those new devices... it sounds so tempting, even for me!!! And no, I am not an Apple fan at all.

Sefie, Jan 10, 2016
    IcyBC likes this.
  4. Sefie

PingPongCall

This seems like it's going to turn out exactly like Samsung's life proof phone. That phone was a big wet pile of horse shit and this thing most likely wont be any different. One day maybe.......one day we'll have a truly water proof phone. How is it they have perfected water proof measures for things like Watches but not cell phones? Priorities seem to be out of order here.

PingPongCall, Jan 10, 2016
  5. Sefie

IcyBC

I believe Android already has some waterproof phones out there! My niece and her boyfriend has the newest Motorola (something) and they said it is waterproof. I am not a big phone user, so I am fine with just using my phone to call somebody should I needed or text family and friends.

IcyBC, Jan 11, 2016
  6. Sefie

thess

That's great that it'll be waterproof and wireless charge. I wish they'd make all other smartphones the exact same way. I also wish they'd make phones whose screens don't break!

thess, Jan 12, 2016
Ask a Question