Intrepid Sound Issues

Discussion in 'Linux' started by jeffyeh, Nov 30, 2008.

1. jeffyeh

jeffyeh

Hey everyone,

It seems like the Intrepid thread here is focused mainly on wireless issues, but I was wondering if anyone had gotten sound to be completely working in Intrepid on an 8GB SSD AspireOne? My setup is a clean install of Intrepid + Perry's N270 Optimized Kernel used with Netbook Remix. I've installed Alsa 1.0.18 via the rev.1.12 script in this thread.

Using model=toshiba in alsa-base, I'm able to have sound after suspend/resume, but can't seem to get anything but static on the internal mic. I don't currently have an external mic to test with, but if someone got that to work, please let me know.

With the new Alsa, there is the model=acer-aspire option, which supposedly fixed sound issues in Hardy, but when I tried it, I ended up with working sound and internal mic (which made me very excited), but then I lost all sound after suspend/reboot (which made me very sad).

Anyways, I know this has been beat over the head over and over, but I'm just trying to get a compiled thread going to try to fix this. Thanks!

jeffyeh, Nov 30, 2008
  2. jeffyeh

Issue313

I'm using the latest stock kernel and manually compiled alsa 18a and sound works perfectly every way for me.

In /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base I have:
    options snd-hda-intel model=acer-aspire

Issue313, Dec 1, 2008
  3. jeffyeh

bit-ninja

Finally!

I now have a 100% functional Ubuntu install on AOA110!

bit-ninja, Dec 1, 2008
  4. jeffyeh

jeffyeh

Wow. I possibly chose the worst time to finally get around to posting this up. Alsa 1.0.18 with model=acer-aspire didn't work for me on the kernel I was using, but using the new kernel in this thread, along with model=acer-aspire, sound FINALLY works! :D

jeffyeh, Dec 2, 2008
Ask a Question