Internet really slow after closing the lid

Discussion in 'Networking' started by grand merd, Jan 4, 2009.

1. grand merd

grand merd

After i close this lid of my aspire one, when it is in hibernation, when i bring it out of hibernation, the internet goes really really slow and nothing i can do will make it go any faster. downloads at max are 12kbps :S

the internet is fine if i havent closed the lid and is often fine if it has gone into hibernarion through inactivity. only when i close the lid does it crawl to a stop.this is really frustrating as i end up not wanting to close the lid. i have to re'start the computer when the internet slows down.

please if someone knows why it is doing this or could tell me how to stop it it woudl be very helpful thanks :)

grand merd, Jan 4, 2009
  2. grand merd

jackluo923

Try repair the internet connection instead of restarting the computer. Turning off the powersaving feature of the wireless card or plug in the power adapter would also help.

jackluo923, Jan 5, 2009
  3. grand merd

epkimball

I have the same problem. I have my AAO set to standby when I close the lid. When I open the lid and bring it back to life, the internet connection is painfully slow. The previous post suggests changing the power save setting on the wireless card. Do you mean the power setting for the laptop generally? Not sure how to access the power save features of the wireless card itself. Note that it does not make a difference if my AAO goes into standby from inactivity or closing the lid - same problem. Thanks.

epkimball, Jan 6, 2009
  4. grand merd

jackluo923

To change the power options for the wireless card:
    1) apply shortcut Windows Key + R
    2) Type in devmgmt.msc
    3) Go to network adapters-> atheros ar5007EG Wireless Network Adapter
    4) Go to the advanced tab-> power save mode
    5) Turn the power save mode to normal or none

The crappy wifi problem is caused by AAO's unstable powersupply and the above method is only a temporary "fix". There's no way to fix the issue permanently.

jackluo923, Jan 7, 2009
Ask a Question