Internet connection doesnt work when mains plugged out

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Scruff, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Scruff

Scruff

Hi,
    I have an AOA 150 windows XP sp 3 Asipre One and am having some odd problems with the wifi connection. While plugged in to the mains everything works fine but if i plug out the mains or its working on battery i cant connect to internet. It seems to the connected to the router fine. As soon as i plug it back in it works again.
    Thanks

Scruff, Aug 31, 2008
  2. Scruff

Scruff

Anyone else experience this or have any ideas how to fix it? What good is a netbook if it wont connect to the internet while running on batteries??? :(

some more info: it seems to stay connected to the router and i can see packets being sent but none received back. Is the power to the wifi transmitter drastically reduced when running on batteries?

EDIT

Ok i think i've got a work around and answered my last question.
    Went to Control Panel -> System -> Device Mnager -> Network Adapters -> Atheros AR5007EG -> Properties -> Advanced and turned "Power Save Mode" to Off
    Seems to be working fine now but will probably drain batteries faster.

Scruff, Sep 1, 2008
Ask a Question