Internal microphone (Linux version) solution?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Reading_deleted, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Reading_deleted

Reading_deleted

Hi, I'm trying to use the internal microphone on my new Acer Aspire A110 (using Skype). However, it does not work. I've done various searches on the internet and see this appears to be a common problem without a common solution. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Reading_deleted, Jan 23, 2009
  2. Reading_deleted

daldred

What have you done so far?

Is the mic actually working in Linux (use arecord from the command line), and what are the settings in Skype?

daldred, Jan 23, 2009
  3. Reading_deleted

linuxxo

I am having the same issue with the 110, only the external mic will work. Tried the arecord command with the internal mic, but nothing. I also have the 150 model, but that is working perfectly with skype, it even sounds better that most headsets I currently have. I am considering sending it back ... :(

linuxxo, Jul 28, 2009
  4. Reading_deleted

greenfrog

Upgrade your kernel to 2.6.30-2-generic.

That fixed the problem with my D150

Also on the MIC slider the left side is all the way on and the right side is all the way off.

greenfrog, Jul 28, 2009
  5. Reading_deleted

linuxxo

Currently both the AAO 110 and 150 have version 2.6.23.9lw of the kernel installed, but it worked out of the box on the 150 one. The real difference between the two is that the 150 is brand new, whilst the 110 is an A1 Grade refurb. I am now wondering if the mic issue is well know with the AAO 110, possibly the reason why the laptop was returned in the first place and that is why I am considering sending it back! :?

linuxxo, Jul 28, 2009
Ask a Question