Internal DVB-T USB

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Guest, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

hi to all, i know that there are post of this topic but i just want to know how can i put a dvb-t stick like this:
    [​IMG]
    into the one... i watched the photos of torrentlord and its a good idea to position it in this part and connect it like the 3g modem
    http://madgic.vox.com/
    but...
    will i be able to watch tv?
    how can i put or where can i put the antena? or the antenna conector?

and im thinking i will not be able to use the infrared remote controler... (but this isnt important for me, beacuse due the little screen i will not go far away from the one...)

Guest, Aug 31, 2008
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

well i bought it and dissasembly now lets think how do i put the antenna out or make a conector and where...

Guest, Sep 4, 2008
  3. Guest

ipearl

You can have it place under the Wifi next to HD and follow wifi antenna out.
    I am plannig so fice my AAO USB connectors inside the blank Mini PCIe.
    So i can just connect anything USB device in there.

ipearl, Sep 7, 2008
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

i was watching were can i put it and i think the only way to fit this tv tunner in the aao is near the hdd/wifi, in the blank mini pcie didnt fit... its too big for this, but anyway its a good idea to put and usb there, like the done in "Internal USB HUB POST", i will post more photos soon.

the antenna i will try to desolder it from the motherboard of the tv tuner and put it in the front (so i will have to do a hole) because if theres not external antenna teh signal is very poor so i think to put this connector out and the only site i found is near speakers... i dont like too much but in the rear its the batery and in the ladders are all ocuppied by usbs, sd card readers...

Guest, Sep 8, 2008
  5. Guest

ipearl

Does that Device heat up while in use ???

ipearl, Sep 8, 2008
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

yes, if its connected didnt heat but if you use more than 20 min... but anyway it get as hot as the huawei 3g modem so i think it could be usable without burning the inside of the one... (i think)

Guest, Sep 9, 2008
  7. Guest

melhiore

What is the max power consumption for this TV Tuner??

melhiore, Sep 9, 2008
  8. Guest

Guest Guest

i dont know, how can i know it? i was searching in google but i didnt found nothing. Its a NGS Atmos

Guest, Sep 10, 2008
  9. Guest

Bossieman

Bossieman, Sep 12, 2008
  10. Guest

Jazzle

Can you make some more (overview) pics? I can't really tell where you've placed it, and what's the thing to the left of it?

Jazzle, Sep 12, 2008
  11. Guest

ipearl

If you active that icon looking like a "flower" on ur Cam.
    You can make Sharper Close up shots.

Is it just me or did you place it inside the Air Ducts ???

ipearl, Sep 12, 2008
  12. Guest

melhiore

He placed it in the middle of air duct from CPU :eek: ... I've very bad feelings about heat from processor...

melhiore, Sep 12, 2008
  13. Guest

Bossieman

Bossieman, Sep 12, 2008
  14. Guest

melhiore

Still it's not showing how you planning put back mainboard with CPU when air duct is obstructed with DVB tuner...

melhiore, Sep 12, 2008
  15. Guest

Bossieman

There is absolutely 0 problems with heat, you see the Atom processor works with passive cooling. Acer didnt have to put a fan inside, I think some stupid law prevents them from skipping it. The air is also not obstructed, you still have flow, just look around the side and you see.
    The mainbord fit perfetly over the chip.

Im not stupid as the replays here seems to think, I know what Im doing.

Bossieman, Sep 13, 2008
  16. Guest

melhiore

I never said you're stupid :D:D I'm just interested. I heard something about Atom CPUs and heat generated by them, but I believe there was a reason to put FAN and big air duct to prevent overheating... But we will see. Waiting for any update regarding machine working w/o all this noisy stuff... :)

Good job anyway :) Specially like the place where you've installed 3G modem...

melhiore, Sep 13, 2008
  17. Guest

rgarjr

Pablospain,

You probably stick that tv tuner board in the open slot in the bottom of the A1, and you probably have to unsolder the antenna connector and run an extension cable to its remote location.

rgarjr, Sep 13, 2008
  18. Guest

ipearl

User sawed that post with the screw off that is behind the fake 2 additional Vent slots.
    The way its residing, the mobo fits right ontop.
    The worst that can happen is that the TV tuner heats up like the Wifi Card next to the mouse.
    In that case the the air flow, even though its hot, is somewhat welcoming for the TV tuner.
    I was just expecting the Modder to stuff the Tuner on the right side with the HD or something.

ipearl, Sep 15, 2008
  19. Guest

Guest Guest

i think he put this in the air duct correctly because this dvb tv reveiver gets very very hot and in another part i think that could be dangerous and there is cooled but i dont know if cpu continues coooling well... anyway when i've got time i think i will put in the right hand, next to the hdd... and if i look that gets very hot.... ill make some holes in the case hahahah :lol:

Guest, Sep 29, 2008
  20. Guest

ipearl

Holes ,.... is that good thing or bad ???

ipearl, Sep 30, 2008
Ask a Question