Intel Graphics Driver (With OpenGL support!)

Discussion in 'Windows' started by JD , Feb 25, 2009.

1. JD 

JD 

Warning: DO NOT do this if you already updated to the newest graphics drivers, it does give you the BSOD
    this install should be done right after you have install Windows 7 build 7000 WITHOUT UPDATING anything yet.

If you have updated your drivers already your out of luck, All you can do is reformat and re-install windows 7, or wait for a official windows 7 OpenGL driver.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/con...15&DwnldId=16312&strOSs=&OSFullName=&lang=eng

Well there it is, this is how to install it.

Right click goto properties.

Click compatibility tab.

Check off "Run this program in compatibility mode for".

Pick Windows Vista.

Press Apply.

Press ok.

Right click run as administrator.

Reboot when asked.

Enjoy

Now you can run your games that require OpenGL :D

Windows 7 does not include OpenGL support for the newest intel driver, but this will fix it so you can use it.

Just so people who needed OpenGL on the AAO can now use it within Windows 7.

JD , Feb 25, 2009
  2. JD 

silentkv

I've been getting bluescreens that show a "Igdkmd32.sys" so I'm going back to whatever I get from 'update driver'.

silentkv, Mar 1, 2009
  3. JD 

bolero

Do you know the version of that driver? Is it 8.15.10.1583 (deduced from the filename)? I'm getting the same bluescreens with drivers 8.15.10.1590 (installed with Win7) and 8.15.10.1620. I'm getting them when retrieving large files over wifi.
    When do you get them? Anyone knows how to avoid the igdkmd32.sys bluescreen?

bolero, Mar 1, 2009
  4. JD 

tieitsch

How can I check if I can install this driver? I don't know if I updated them or not. Can I fix it if I get the BSOD?

tieitsch, May 22, 2009
Ask a Question