Intel 5300 Error 10! PLS HELP

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by yyy349, Nov 30, 2008.

1. yyy349

yyy349

Hi Guys,

I've been trying to get this to work for like 12 hours. This morning I replaced the standard wireless card with a new Intel 5300 card. I boot up the netbook and install all the drivers and stuff for it but I get this error ten message saying that the Device cannot start :S

Any help is greatly appreciated

yyy349, Nov 30, 2008
  2. yyy349

riff2002

Sorry to hear about that. Just as an FYI, I also am using an Intel 5300 on my Aspire One. I made sure to not allow windows to try and install drivers. I first installed the Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility which is supposed to include drivers, however, to make sure that the drivers were the most current, I installed the 5300 driver pack anyways after the software installed. After the installation was complete I restarted my PC. And the wireless worked right away, I don't even recall windows even asking me to install drivers for my new hardware.

Intel seems to have updated their drivers on 11/24/2008

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/filter_ ... bmit=Go%21

I wish there was more I could say, I have an AOA150-1049 and have not done any bios updates since I purchased it. I just got tired of my Atheros wireless card crapping out, so I decided to do the intel upgrade. Plus I was planning on getting a good wireless N router to add to my network this last black Friday weekend, (49.99 + tax, yay).

I didn't follow the posted installation instructions on the message board to a "T", I ended up leaving the monitor intact and only installed a new antenna for the center card connection which I ran between the black & white wires and taped off close to the upper corner of the hard drive. (I just had an older wireless scrap router that I took the antenna connector from and used that.). My brother is an EE, and I might ask him if the way the internal antennas' were connected could be causing your problems, I'm just a computer tech, I know that the error code your getting is either a hardware or driver failure. Considering my model of the aspire one, I know that the intel chipset supports the 5300 card, that limits your concerns to the driver installation, the actual hardware installation, or the hardware itself (perhaps a bad card?).

I never found anyone posting that the 5300 did in fact work, so I hope some of this helps,

- Josh

riff2002, Dec 2, 2008
  3. yyy349

adrianaitken

I use 5300 and they worked just fine out of the box. I only installed the actual drivers via hardware manager rather than run the setup program. I use Windows Wireless manager to control it.
    Waiting to actually get a n-router but at the moment it gives better signal strength than the old card did at distances.

adrianaitken, Dec 12, 2008
  4. yyy349

jhill101

jhill101, Jan 8, 2009
Ask a Question