integrated camera

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Darryl, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Darryl

Darryl

Hi all,
    Just bought this little beauty, all works well except the integrated webcam. I've tried to test it on a few cam chat sites to no avail. I click the buttons that say start my cam and it just shows a small black screen. I've right clicked and allowed access to cam and mic but still no joy. It works fine when I test it on the desktop. Any help for this dunce greatly appreciated! :cry:
    Darryl

Darryl, Sep 1, 2008
  2. Darryl

Starfleet Odie

Hello, you havent stated if its the XP version or not, got mine today XP and just found it in my computer, clicked on it and up I popped

Starfleet Odie, Sep 1, 2008
  3. Darryl

Darryl

it runs on linux
    Darryl

Darryl, Sep 1, 2008
  4. Darryl

hansi1

What do you think of the XP model? I'm getting one on Thursday.

hansi1, Sep 1, 2008
  5. Darryl

Darryl

wouldnt touch windows with a long stick mate, with linux you dont really need a firewall, far fewer bugs generally ;)

Darryl, Sep 2, 2008
  6. Darryl

Starfleet Odie

XP is great just make sure you keep the updates going, install Google Tool Bar found its a great help for stopping pop ups, also AVG is a great free anti virus program. I uninstalled Office 2007 and put 2003 on instead. LOL also no problems with anything not working like a lot of Linux users are finding. So as long as you dont open emails from Jane or Susan or someone else with Hi in the subject, or reply to any one asking you to confirm your bank details shouldnt be a problem, play safe, stay safe.

Starfleet Odie, Sep 17, 2008
Ask a Question