Installing Windows XP on aspire one 8gb (Best Practice)

Discussion in 'Windows' started by naaz, Apr 21, 2009.

1. naaz

naaz

Dear Experts

I am a new user to aspire one 8gb. I just brought to use internet in the cafe... i want to install windows xp sp3 lite version also i need your guidelines what things ihave to enable and what things i have to disable to keep the machine fast in booting and performance

some1 was saying to remove the VM.. remove auto updates. i am new in these things. is there any guideliness from where i can do these thing. i mean i need step by step instruction how to do all these steps. i wil install the xp again with fat32. before i formate with ntfs.

Also if some1 can give me a link for a perfect xp sp3 lite version it will be great. currently i am using aspire one orignal linux. but i need to use voip. yahoo voice and etc. i tried but the voice is not clear in linux and so many complication.

Many Thanks,
    naaz

naaz, Apr 21, 2009
  2. naaz

remoh

Just install Windows - first thing after installing is to install Flashpoint:

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=12430

After that everthing will run smoothly

remoh, Apr 21, 2009
  3. naaz

chrismerriman63

i agree, format ssd with fat32 and install flashpoint... works a treat :D

chrismerriman63, Apr 21, 2009
  4. naaz

kuwait

Install Rohn's Tiny XP + flashpiont - incredible speed.

kuwait, Apr 28, 2009
  5. naaz

Kitsune

I'm trying to load Windows XP OS onto my Linux Acer Aspire One (8GB). I've been recieving an installation error. I was wondering if anybody has a mirrored installed copy of Windows or an ISO set with drivers for the chipset and hard drive?

I would really appreiciate any help you can offer. Thank you.

Kitsune, May 1, 2009
Ask a Question