Installing WIN7 Home Premium on Acer AOA150-1777....

Discussion in 'Windows' started by FattysGoneWild, Feb 11, 2010.

1. FattysGoneWild

FattysGoneWild

Here is the deal. I have a WIN7 RTM disk. And I have the Acer AOA150-1777 netbook. I do not have a dvd/cd drive hooked up to it. I ordered up a 4gb usb flash drive. How do I get the files from the RTM disk to the flash drive to install WIN7 on it? Any issues with people installing WIN7 on this netbook? Or do you advise keeping XP on it?

FattysGoneWild, Feb 11, 2010
  2. FattysGoneWild

ANDERSROSE

use WinToFlash!
    - just google it ;)

ANDERSROSE, Feb 12, 2010
  3. FattysGoneWild

Forone

I gave it some thought but have stuck with XP, because I know it and am not very interested in operating systems, as a big thing in what I do. I do think you should also google re upgrading over an existing XP installation versus a clean install. Most of what I read supports the latter.

Forone, Feb 12, 2010
  4. FattysGoneWild

FattysGoneWild

I looked more into that program. Seems like it is for me. But. Can I run the setup.exe from the usb flash drive? Or do I need to reboot making the flash drive priority.

FattysGoneWild, Feb 13, 2010
  5. FattysGoneWild

ANDERSROSE

reboot and make the property thing in BIOS ;)

ANDERSROSE, Feb 13, 2010
  6. FattysGoneWild

FattysGoneWild

Instead of making changes in the bios. Can I just hit F12 at boot up and select boot from usb stick?

FattysGoneWild, Feb 14, 2010
  7. FattysGoneWild

stepppy

I have recently gone from XP Pro to Windows Ultimate and I am really pleased with the result - 2nd time around!

I can confirm when I did my install from within XP the stability of Win 7 wasn't very good, so the 2nd time I simply copied the contents from my Win 7 DVD on to a Flash card, put that into a USB dongle and restarted the Acer and choosing USB from the boot screen.

The setup went very smoothly. The only thing to remember is to remove the dongle when it does it's first reboot, otherwise it goes into setup again.

Hope this helps :)

stepppy, Feb 15, 2010
  8. FattysGoneWild

FattysGoneWild

What are you guys doing about the factory image? Is it hidden or what? I do have a external hd. So I need to make a copy of it. What program did you use?

FattysGoneWild, Feb 16, 2010
  9. FattysGoneWild

stepppy

When I got to setup I chose "custom" and deleted the partitions, formatted the drive and created one large partition. When I first bought my Acer it had Limpus on it, but that lasted literally 5 minutes before I put XP on it :D

stepppy, Feb 16, 2010
Ask a Question