Installing Ubuntu Acer Aspire One A150-X

Discussion in 'Linux' started by matthiasD, Aug 15, 2008.

1. matthiasD

matthiasD

Is there different problems than A110-L? WiFi and sound problems are still same I think but how is the installation to 120GB instead of SSD? I didn't find topic from this version of AA1 and Ubuntu installation. And yes, I like to remove the XP and install only ubuntu with notebook remix or kubuntu (which one is better (read faster) in AA1 anyway?).

Thanks
    MD

matthiasD, Aug 15, 2008
  2. matthiasD

melanoidin

I'd be interested in people's thoughts about this as well!

melanoidin, Aug 16, 2008
  3. matthiasD

melanoidin

I asked a similar question in another thread, and received this response:

melanoidin, Aug 17, 2008
  4. matthiasD

matthiasD

Thanks, I'll try that, let's see what happens :)

matthiasD, Aug 17, 2008
  5. matthiasD

blackmamba

I've installed Ubuntu on Acer Aspire One A150-X and managed to get all the hardware detected/working perfectly fine.
    Thanks to Wiki :)

blackmamba, Aug 21, 2008
  6. matthiasD

lucian7l

hihi, blackmamba , would u pls tell that do u still have the hidden eRecovery partion for the original XP home after U've installed the Ubuntu? Thx a lot.

lucian7l, Aug 22, 2008
  7. matthiasD

blackmamba

Lucian, it's purely upto you whether you want to retain eRecovery partion. Ubuntu during installation gives you an option for this. I deleted mine.. as I do not need M$ as it takes about 6GB of space.

blackmamba, Aug 29, 2008
  8. matthiasD

jaesga

How do you do for installing the card reader on the 150?? and do you have audio working completely properly??

jaesga, Aug 29, 2008
  9. matthiasD

mabo

Im totally new to this Linux-family. I have never used Linux before but Ive wanted to try out some distro for a long time now. Decided to get AA1 A150-X umpc and try Ubuntu on it. So if I use this guide will everything work properly afterwards? And do I have to follow all of the steps (1,2,3,..) or will I have a working Ubuntu on my laptop after the second step? If anyone could give me some tips or a guide for this installation, I woul be very glad. :) By the way, I want to leave XP on it... just in case... you know...

-Mabs

mabo, Sep 2, 2008
  10. matthiasD

mfresh

mfresh, Sep 2, 2008
  11. matthiasD

mabo

Ok, thanks. I will try to get it working with this guide. Will prolly encounter some newbie problems but Ill ask someone then :)

-Mabs

mabo, Sep 2, 2008
  12. matthiasD

YooY

Go ahead, I'm a newbie - just 2 weeks playing with Linux, first with Linpus and after with zenwalk and eventually ubuntu - and I didn't encounter any difficulties. If you have an A150 with a HDD (with Linpus or XP), just skip the part about the ssd....

YooY, Sep 2, 2008
  13. matthiasD

mabo

Got everything working. It really wasnt as hard as I thought it would be. Some minor problems with system and/or program crashings but Ubuntu is working mainly well.

-Mabs

mabo, Sep 8, 2008
  14. matthiasD

lusephur

installed ubuntu on an the 150 myself, as per the wiki, just had to to a few corrections to have it all working for myself, tried the ubuntu netbook remix and had a flickering issue, found turning off desktop effects solved all but one problem, that being mplayer itself refuses to work when the ume-menu is loaded, works fine when it's not.

and the sound was a bit low, haven't tried the script that pupports to fix it, found elsewhere in this forum, instead i just opened the gnome-terminal and typed sudo alsamixer and pressed right to select front speaker and maxed it, pressed esc and it was working at a more realistic level, could be a lot louder though, but it's at the same level as the linpus (or rather limp-os) settings.

lusephur, Sep 9, 2008
Ask a Question