Installing fuse? [SOLVED]

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Rechosen, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Rechosen

Rechosen

I just got my Aspire One today and would like to install fuse in order to use sshfs. I tried using yum already, but it insists on installing Fedora's own kernel, which seems like a bad idea to me (would probably break a lot of features). Does a fuse rpm optimized for the Aspire One exist already or will I have to build a one myself?

Rechosen, Aug 20, 2008
  2. Rechosen

rebuilder

Re: Installing fuse?

I had fuse from the repos running at one point, no problems that I could tell.

rebuilder, Aug 20, 2008
  3. Rechosen

Rechosen

Re: Installing fuse?

It seems to work indeed (I only installed the fuse and fuse-sshfs packages); apparently the difference between the kernel version is not that big. Thanks for the report!

Rechosen, Aug 20, 2008
  4. Rechosen

scotty1024

When I do it yum wants to install a new kernel out of the repo updates. I'm figuring a generic fedora kernel isn't too hot an idea.

scotty1024, Aug 20, 2008
  5. Rechosen

Rechosen

I installed yum-utils, then used yumdownloader to download fuse and fuse-sshfs as rpms, then installed the rpms manually using sudo rpm -ihv --nodeps <rpmfiles>.

Rechosen, Aug 21, 2008
Ask a Question