Installing full version of Kpowersave

Discussion in 'Linux' started by aclinml, Jan 27, 2009.

1. aclinml

aclinml

This link discusses how to install the FULL version of Kpowersave....viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3760&hilit=kpowersave

The first part of the post says...

"First of all you have to install the new fedora-release 8-6 package which can be found in the package manager. This installs actual yum configs which resolve a lot of dependency problems."

If I understand this correctly, I would bring up the PACKAGE MANAGER and highlight ONLY the entry that says "Updated Fedora-release packages available" and apply this update.

Is this correct and what exactly am I updating here?
    Thanks

aclinml, Jan 27, 2009
  2. aclinml

markh

The code given right below that does what you need. I'd stick with the instructions as given, if I were you. As I see from your other post that you seem to be in the mood to mod your system, I'd suggest a backup first :)

markh, Jan 27, 2009
  3. aclinml

aclinml

Absolutely. I got the Macles backup tested many times and am comfortable with using it. I am a Linux newbie and am just trying to do a little customization on my AA1.

So, you are saying that the first step in this process is his first example?....."sudo yum install fedora-release yum-utils"

Correct?
    Thanks again

aclinml, Jan 27, 2009
  4. aclinml

markh

There's nothing like a backup to make you happy to type stuff you don't understand :)

Yes, the instructions in that thread are to enter those 3 lines, one at a time, into a terminal, pressing return after each line, starting with the line you quote. Good luck.

markh, Jan 27, 2009
Ask a Question