Installing Epson Printer Driver

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Saltybike, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Saltybike

Saltybike

Hi, I have had the AAO for a week now and I am trying to get it to print to my printer. I have been to the add printer section but it does not have my Epson Stylus Color 880 listed. I have therefore found a driver through links on the Epson website and have got the .rpm file. I have double clicked on this and it installed?? after asking for my root password. (I also got the .tar file but couldn't work out how to use this one). When I try and add the printer I need a ppd file, but not sure how to create that.

I still cannot find the driver in the lists or how to get the printer working with it. I am new to Linux and trying to get away from Windows and so need to learn the new way. Any help would be great.

Many Thanks

Saltybike, Dec 29, 2008
  2. Saltybike

frosty52

Hi,

Did you have any joy with this in the end? I have the same old printer and am having the same problems as you.

Thanks,

Mark

frosty52, Jan 21, 2009
  3. Saltybike

mcj221

Hi

I'm pretty new to the AAO too, and I have an Epson R220. I had the same type of problem as you, my printer not listed.

I finally got mine to work by enabling the advance mode (link for instructions below)
    viewtopic.php?f=13&t=28

then right click the desktop and choose system > add/remove software

then click the search tab and search for 'epson' - and finally install the gutenprint driver.

Plugged my printer in and the required driver was automatically selected - and working perfectly!

I'm just a beginner with this and there are probably better ways, but hopefully this may help.

Mary.

mcj221, Jan 22, 2009
  4. Saltybike

Saltybike

I did it the same way - eventually!

Saltybike, Jan 22, 2009
  5. Saltybike

LeeHamo

I love you, now I can get my coursework in on time.

LeeHamo, Mar 31, 2009
  6. Saltybike

toysupra80

mcj21 you are a genius! I've been trying to get my Epson NX 400 to print with the AAO for 5 months. Finally, I'm able to to it. :D

toysupra80, Apr 3, 2009
Ask a Question