Installing an internal BT adaptor and some othe questions...

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Danny_Payne, May 25, 2011.

1. Danny_Payne

Danny_Payne

Hey guys, have been reading the forum for a while now, and have a few questions about my 751h.
    Have had it since Dec 2009, so nearly a year and a half old, the warranty has expired a while ago.
    No problems, Win 7 aero runs perfect.
    Full product name- AAO751h-52yK, it's the vista version, upgraded to Seven Pro.

A few month ago I was looking into trying to install a touchscreen on this netbook, and do the usual flip the screen round-turn it into a tablet, would this be possible? Like is there enough room to do this inside the case? I've had this thing apart a few times before and noticed that space is limited, even around where the internal BT module would go.

Another thing. I have salvaged an internal BT adaptor from a broken netbook. It's the same one that is sold on eBay for this model of netbook, 8 wire Broadcom one. My question is, is that since this netbook is the WiFi only version, it has no connector on the MB for the BT module to plug into. Is there any way to connect this to the board? Could I buy the connector from eBay or some other auction site and solder it on? I've read posts from other users saying they used a heat gun to do it, could I do the same?
    Also noticed that the internal BT module that is sold on eBay has 5 pins on the end of the cable that plugs into the MB, whereas the one I have has 8 pins. Do the 3 pins make a difference?

Thanks guys, I know it's a long first post, but it's better to say it all in one rather than a few different threads and spam the board.
    If I've posted this in the wrong section, Mod feel free to move it :)

Thanks again,
    Danny :)

Danny_Payne, May 25, 2011
  2. Danny_Payne

Danny_Payne

Re: Installing an internal BT adaptor and some othe question

Bump--

Anyone on here? lol

EDIT--
    Nvm, I bricked the netbook anyways.

Danny_Payne, May 29, 2011
Ask a Question