Installed Ububtu via Wubi and now no wifi!

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by ryangassxx, Jan 7, 2009.

1. ryangassxx

ryangassxx

One of the first things I did to my aspire one when I got it was install ubuntu on a partition, as I've done to my dell laptop no problem. This time though, after the install, I no longer have functionality of my wireless device. It behaves as if there was no device installed. I looked in hardware and it says that the atheros device driver is there and has "been tested to work with linux", but I have no wireless icon in my tray, or any options pertaining to a wireless device.

The really strange part was that it some how effected the driver on windows as well. When I booted into back into windows, there was no wireless device present there either. I checked in the hardware manager, and sure enough there wireless device did not show. How is it that I installed ububtu on a completely separate partition and it effected my windows install? So after this happened, I just did a system restore to the day prior and everything went back to normal on the windows end, but ubuntu still lacks wireless functionality.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Has anyone else encountered this problem with installing ubuntu on an aspire one?

ryangassxx, Jan 7, 2009
  2. ryangassxx

Talon88

:::

You need to install "MadWiFi" Driver instead the one come with.
    I forget the details Now, Try Search...

I may back when i remember the details. My ubuntu WiFi work after that.

:::

Talon88, Jan 7, 2009
  3. ryangassxx

Baza

Baza, Jan 31, 2009
Ask a Question