Installed Real Player and cant find it!!!

Discussion in 'Linux' started by mommalden, Aug 29, 2008.

1. mommalden

mommalden

I downloaded Real Player for Linux and the Red hat thingy....and when I try to watch the tv show online with it (becasue that is what it said I needed) Real PLayer won't come up and I don't know where to go to find it. This Linux is driving me crazy. I cant' find anything. :twisted:

mommalden, Aug 29, 2008
  2. mommalden

zaexcs

Hi, if you downloaded the RPM from here http://www.real.com/linux you must start Real Player for the first time from the terminal or the Alt + F2 shortcut, it will show the first time wizard, after that you can use it normally but there is not icon o something like that.

You can open your rmvb files (real media files ) hitting the secondary button over one of them and select "open with another apps" (i dont know the exact english name because I use the spanish version) and write realplay.

Hope that helps.

Sorry for my bad english.

zaexcs, Sep 20, 2008
  3. mommalden

Darryl

Right click to bring up advanced settings on desktop and select "Run" then enter
    /opt/real/RealPlayer/realplay
    This will take you to the setup wizard. I can only use this app this way and by importing files or urls to the playlist.

Darryl, Sep 21, 2008
  4. mommalden

Fuerst

sorry, but my command line doesn' recognise this command, nor the command realplayer

Fuerst, Sep 25, 2008
  5. mommalden

szesea

me too !!

i hv tried twice to install it. actually a msg showing installing successfully was shown.

however, afterwards, i searched the whole file system and the list of add/remove software as well, and can't locate realplayer !!

anyone can help ? thx a lot.

szesea, Oct 31, 2010
Ask a Question