installed pidgin, email contacts etc don't work. need help

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Guest, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

hi i'm after a app i can sign into my msn and be able to use the webcam. The pre installed one doesn't work with webcam and i installed amsn from add/remove but it sits on logging and says can't connect to server so that doesn't work? any other linux ones out there? thanks
    Edit: tried mercury msn but it come up with error and closed before opening.
    Edit 2: Tried pidgen but no webcam and no i can't open the email and contacts calendar etc. Any way to get this back now as i don't have external cd drive to use restore disk

Guest, Aug 14, 2008
  2. Guest

BrandonMB

The best MSN client that I have seen so far is aMSN. It operates in the exact same way as MSN Live, and haven't seen any missing functionality as yet, including webcam. Note however that the version included in the add/remove programs no longer works due to a recent MSN update. As a result, use the following post in order to install the latest version.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=327&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=amsn

BrandonMB, Aug 15, 2008
Ask a Question