Installed Fedora 11 XFCE, got error: failed to mount volume

Discussion in 'Linux' started by spaceboy_psy, Jun 15, 2009.

1. spaceboy_psy

spaceboy_psy

Hi guys

Can't find help via google :( hope to find it here!

First time I installed I very quickly got the error "the enclosing drive for the volume is locked"

Reinstalled and got all the way to the end of installation, only to greeted with "failed to mount 209M volume"

Restarted and it all seems to be working... Am I going to experience some issues because of this or is everything fine? I would much rather reinstall and fix whatever's wrong than run a potentially unstable system... The only clues I got from searching were that problems can be caused when another OS annexes a portion of the HD for, say, hibernation, or something, and the answer then might be to reboot into that OS and make sure to shut down properly. Problem with that is I was on Linpus, and now it's overwritten.

Anyone got any knowledge of this? I'll be grateful eternally!!!

Much cheers!

Simon

PS. Would formatting the HD and starting from scratch help? If so, how? I'm, new to linux I'm afraid...

spaceboy_psy, Jun 15, 2009
Ask a Question