install OSX from USB Flash Drive possible?

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by Guest, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hello, I want to give OSX a try and was wondering if there is any way to install it on my AAO ZG5 with out the external USB DVD drive, I have a few USB Flash Drives, (1,2,4,and 8 GB). I've looked everywhere for the past 2 days and nothing seems to work so far. If anyone could help me out I would really apreciate it.

Thanks in advance guys.

Guest, Jan 26, 2010
  2. Guest

AK963

Yes, it is possible using Netbook Boot maker and a Mac. First find your snow leopard disc image and restore it to a flash drive (=< 8GB) in disk utility, then run NBBM and run it over the USB drive. Boot the USB on your netbook and install OS X :)

if you don't have a Mac, you can make a make-shift hackintosh by grabbing a distro (I like iDeneb 1.4) and installing it to an external drive, boot that drive and you'll have a "Mac" with no drivers, doesn't matter though as all you need is disk utility and NBBM.

AK963, Jan 26, 2010
Ask a Question