Install and Using Bluetooth PLEASE SOMEONE???

Discussion in 'Networking' started by jcrdz, Aug 10, 2008.

1. jcrdz

jcrdz

Hello there!

I just got my new AAO Linpus 512, 8GBSSD and this is my first time using Linux. Read a lot in this forum and learn some new things but need this to work with bluetooth but I can not find any 'Dumb guide to install Bluetooth' on this. I read about Bluez and downloaded it but don't know how to install it or use it. It opens a self-extractor and that's it for me, don't know the files I need to use to install it.

Please someone give me details on everything I ned to do to install, enable and use bluetooth with a Dumb guidre please. All I have is the Bluetooth USB Dongle.

Thanks!
    JCR

jcrdz, Aug 10, 2008
  2. jcrdz

linker3000

linker3000, Aug 12, 2008
  3. jcrdz

jcrdz

Thanks but that was not easy enogh for me. I'll wait until full support from Acer or a complete dumb-proof post.

JCR

jcrdz, Aug 17, 2008
  4. jcrdz

jaek

You failed to mention what you are trying to do with bluetooth. Are you trying to use DUN with your phone... or trying to use a bluetooth mouse... or what.

jaek, Aug 23, 2008
  5. jcrdz

jcrdz

Im trying file sharing, just that. Thanks everyone.

jcrdz, Sep 1, 2008
  6. jcrdz

gedster314

Every time I try bluetooth file sharing I find it too slow. Just use wireless or adhoc wireless.

gedster314, Sep 28, 2008
  7. jcrdz

Eosblue

I just bought a Acer Aspire One and I'm wondering if anyone has installed SD Bluetooth unit? My Acer is the XP model. I'm only going to use the Bluetooth for a mouse.

Eosblue, Dec 17, 2008
Ask a Question