Inspiron 17 7000 2-in-1 ? Is that a good idea ?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by MRenur, Feb 21, 2017.

1. MRenur

MRenur

Hello guys,

My name is Renur and I am from Belgium (a student) and I need a new laptop ( a second one). The one that I am using right now is Acer Aspire 7560, 17 inch.

I am not a heavy gamer but I do play games like Dota and League of Legends if I have some free time. Movies are important for me so a good quality screen is needed. I read the newspaper daily, thus having a touchscreen makes things very easy. Programs like Powerpoint,Word and SSPS ( software for statistics) will be used heavily.
    As you guys can see I don't need a laptop that has specs from another world, I just need a durable device that will last long enough ( at least 5 years ) and it will be easy to use.

I looked up a few hybrids and I "decided" to buy the newest inspiron 17 7000 2-in-1 and here are the specs

- 7th generation I5
    - 12 GB Dual Channel DDR4 2.133 MHz (8 GB x 1 + 4 GB x 1)
    - H1 TB, 2,5 inch Seagate Rosewood 5.400 rpm 7 mm, HDD
    - NVIDIA® GeForce 940MX 2 GB GDDR5
    - 17,3 inch FHD (1.920 x 1.080)

PRICE 900€ (that's how much I can afford)

and here is the link (but keep in mind that it is in dutch ) http://www.dell.com/be/p/inspiron-17-7779-2-in-1-laptop/pd?c=be&cs=bedhs1&l=nl&s=dhs&~ck=mn

So here are my questions:

(1) What do you think about the price to built quality ratio. Will it last long enough?
    (2) Does anyone have any experience with this particular model ?
    (3) Would you recommend me this one or the Inspiron 15 Gaming given the fact that i am a student and play games like Dota and League of Legends?
    (4) Are there better options on the market (Lenovo, Asus or Acer) ?

Thank you guys in advance. I hope i can find the answers here !

PEACE Y

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    MRenur, Feb 21, 2017
Ask a Question