Indtel Dual Core 2.1 GHz Atom Process 9-21-08!!

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by ddog, Sep 5, 2008.

1. ddog

ddog

They should be about the same price as current mini-notebooks ($400 to $600, but with all the same add-ons); and the current mini's will be $99 to $199.

I thought they were pushing a lot of marginal product with no real beta testing.

I almost got this one (and the Asus 1000h before), but the ram, heat, and $500 of extras/warranty just did not add up.
    Acer used to be bad, and I was hoping the best for them; but maybe China has taken over and its just another Lenova (or whatever name it is).

China sux. Tawain used to be up and coming, but cheesey China may be too much to hold back with GW Bush supporting them for commission revenues (personal and not for our government). :shock:

ddog, Sep 5, 2008
  2. ddog

fletch33

please post where you got this info. i want it :)

fletch33, Sep 6, 2008
  3. ddog

esperado

This is a lie.

esperado, Sep 6, 2008
  4. ddog

fletch33

i figured as much but if there was a link i wanted to see it :)

fletch33, Sep 6, 2008
  5. ddog

the_raptor

It is possible, Intel announced (as in they exist, not that they are shipping) dual core Atoms in the 2.2GHz range a while back. But given the heat issue (as in my fan gets pretty loud once it hits 50% usage, and my Aspire still gets hot) with the N270 Atom, I really doubt they are coming out for netbooks any time soon. It really shouldn't matter to Aspire One users because the thing holding them back mostly is the SSD. I will get excited when someone announces a replacement SSD that doesn't cost more than the rest of the Aspire One. The 32nm Atoms that are coming out mid next year are what you are waiting for if you really want dual core in a netbook.

the_raptor, Sep 6, 2008
  6. ddog

rjm

Its not a lie, that's about right for the date Intel starts shipping the Atom N330.

No reason to think they'll be in any netbooks anytime soon, though it is possible I guess.

1. Netbooks are not CPU contrained, not significantly at any rate.
    2. An extra 3W on the CPU TDP is unwelcome.

rjm, Sep 6, 2008
  7. ddog

esperado

The Atom 330 is a 1.6ghz dual core designed for desktops(nettops).

esperado, Sep 6, 2008
  8. ddog

atarione

how much spare time does one need in order to troll the aspireoneuser forum???? :roll: :roll:

n330 some say 1.6 some say 1.8 atom dual core still on 945chipset.... also not shipping till Q4 08 apparently.

atarione, Sep 6, 2008
  9. ddog

hmmwv

OP should be banned for being a troll.

hmmwv, Sep 7, 2008
Ask a Question