Increasing amounts of black -but not dead- pixels

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by mutantmanifesto, Nov 14, 2008.

1. mutantmanifesto

mutantmanifesto

So this is very odd. I got my aspire one less than a month ago, and while it DOES have a boot issue, it has been generally fine. Yesterday I turned it on, and it had a few black pixels. The longer it is on, the more pixels turn off. Now, I know they aren't entirely dead because when I go to shut the thing off, they turn back on.

The weird thing is is that this is happening on all of the computers in the computer lab at school as well.

Anyone know anything about this? Driver issue? Busted graphics card?

The aspire one I have is the 160gb hd/windows xp version.

mutantmanifesto, Nov 14, 2008
  2. mutantmanifesto

dale

this could mean a net virus in your area (school). try scanning your pc for if you have an AV...

dale, Nov 14, 2008
  3. mutantmanifesto

zaperbaby

really sounds like a virus to me does you screen look ok on start up try hitting F2 in the bios is the screen normal if it is you have some kind of virus probably a joke virus some one made that really isn't funny :x

zaperbaby, Dec 8, 2008
  4. mutantmanifesto

Phil B Stark

Perhaps this may be of help . . .

I noticed a series of 5 pure white pixels on my screen (ACER Aspire One). They appeared several months ago - not much you can do I thought, it's about 16 months old! I noticed that when I switched from normal 1024x600 resolution to 1024x768 that the pixels moved as well. Obviously the pixels could not be dead - I felt it was some graphics card or driver issue.

I won't bore you with details but the problem was a program in my start-up called CPLSVR.EXE (and I also found CPLSVR.CDD). The file came from XXX-STUDIO.COM, which turns out to be a "sexually explicit" website (don't ask the obvious question !!!).

Deleted the files and removed from the Windows start-up file (I use the free program Advanced System Care for this) and the problem was gone.

I hope this helps somebody.....

P.S. If this is in the improper area please feel free to move, re-post, or whatever.

Phil B Stark, Feb 28, 2011
Ask a Question