Increase font sizes when internet surfing fix wanted

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Janset, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Janset

Janset

Hi all.

As we all know the font size on these little beggars are a bit small for some old eyes, so to over come this I have fiddled with setting and DPI setting and found a happy medium except for when surfing the web

This is especially noticeable when surfing a forum. Most forums and web browser sites do give you the option of small, medium and large or words to that effect.

When I come to these pages it does not matter what I set it to the fonts are still too small for my liking, the charges in size either do not appear to work or the changes are so minuscule that I do not notice the difference.

Is there any other way to increase the font sizes?

Regards

Janset, Jan 20, 2010
  2. Janset

Darryl

if in firefox goto edit, preferences, content and mess around in the advanced default fontsettings
    or....
    just hit ctrl and + or - to zoom in and out...

ENJOY :D

Darryl, Jan 20, 2010
  3. Janset

Janset

Hi Darryl.

I never thought of that, thanks. The only problem with the method you suggested is that the increments are rather large so it is a case of feast or famine.

I have now also now discovered a method that works just perfectly.

Put both index fingers together in the middle of the touch pad and then suddenly snap them apart dragging across the touch pad. You can do this several times if the first one re-size was too small or did not register. If the magnification is too much then reverse the procedure bringing the finger together until the desired size is obtained. :D

Regards

Janset, Jan 20, 2010
  4. Janset

fracticus

I'm using Avant Browser v11.7 and use 'classic view'. Tabbed browsing etc - all the things IE should be. It runs on top of the existing IE (as the engine) like a swept-up GUI - the kind MS ought to give IE. It's the benefits of IE without the pain. It is easy to change the viewing size - goto View>Zoom and the range is 25% to 150% in 25% increments, then 50% to 200%, 300....500.
    If you spend time working out the settings (Tools>Avant Options) you can have a very fast browser with your choice of search providers (I use google). The other option is to get better glasses!

Cheers

fracticus, Jan 23, 2010
  5. Janset

AOD150BLACK

Internet Explorer 8 already has that fuctionality, without any overlaying software. In the lower right corner of the browser window, there is a button you can press to zoom in, and on it's right side is a select menu which gives all the sizes mentioned. Control + and - also work with IE8.

To be certain your font size settings are followed all the time, in your browser open Tools>Internet Options and at the bottom click the Accessibility button. Be sure to check both "Ignore font styles specified on web pages." and "Ignore font sizes specified on web pages." That should keep webpage code/scripting from overriding your size settings.

AOD150BLACK, Jan 25, 2010
  6. Janset

Janset

Hi AOD150BLACK

Perfect, just what I was looking for. Now I will not have to continiously keep changing the size. :D

Regards

Janset, Jan 25, 2010
Ask a Question