In expensive laptop

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by KimmyMarkks, Nov 29, 2015.

1. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkks

I am looking to get a basic inexpensive laptop for my dad for Christmas. Does anyone have any recommendations? He is new to using the computer so he only knows how to use a PC. I basically need something with internet and Microsoft office.
    Any brand ideas would help!

KimmyMarkks, Nov 29, 2015
  2. KimmyMarkks

CreoleQueen777

Start him out with a cheap Acer or Toshiba laptop. Their not complicated to use an their reliable. Those two brands can stand the test of time if you also teach him how to use the free Norton or Mcafee security that comes with most new computers.

CreoleQueen777, Nov 30, 2015
  3. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkks

Awesome! Thank you. He needs something very simple and somewhat heavy duty. I have a feeling he is going to drop it and isn't going to be as careful with it as he should.

KimmyMarkks, Dec 2, 2015
    CreoleQueen777 likes this.
  4. KimmyMarkks

CreoleQueen777

:DHahaha, He sound like my butter fingers step dad. A few years ago I went through this with my own dad. Trust me after he broke the Mac I got him in less than 30minutes after opening it from Christmas:eek:, I knew he was going to need something a little more simpler and durable.:rolleyes:

CreoleQueen777, Dec 2, 2015
  5. KimmyMarkks

IcyBC

My son has a Toshiba Satellite for more than seven years already and it is still working. It passed the test of time and the "abuse" from a teenager :) I think it is a great little laptop that your dad would enjoy. At this time of year, you can find a good deal on almost any brand that suits your pocket.

IcyBC, Dec 3, 2015
  6. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkks

Thank you @IcyBC. I will do more research on that one but it sounds like I may end up going with it. Seven years is a good amount of time for a laptop, especially the ones made now a days. If it withstood a teenager it will hopefully withstand him using it as well.

KimmyMarkks, Dec 6, 2015
Ask a Question