Impressed with USB TV Tuner

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by robd54, Aug 25, 2008.

1. robd54

robd54

So I picked up one of these little bad boys yesterday at BB (120GB/XP Home), and when the guy saw me getting the (Pinacle HD USB Pro) with it he said the machine will not be powerful enough for that. I bought it anyway thinking it would be, and if not I'd use it on my other dell as I wanted a nice mobile TV solution (to watch football in my car while at a wedding :D ). I got home, fired it up and was immediately impressed with the screen and keyboard (big hands, but could still type well). I shared my cd/dvd drive from the dell, connected to it from the One and installed the TV software. Hooked it up and was watching HD OTA, nice and clear with very minimal (and only at the beginning) breakups. HD channels in full screen looked great. To compare, I installed it on my dell inspiron 1420 (with nvidia 8400M) and it actually looked cleaner on the one. So just incase anyone is wondering about a USB TV tuner, so far my experience has been really good, although I only tested for a few minutes of viewing.

robd54, Aug 25, 2008
  2. robd54

billr

Hi

What TV tuner dongle is it? Who is it made by? I've just looked at some Freeview DVB dongle that are cheap come with remote too and you can record...nice :D and I guess if they are freeview you can get radio on it - I'm waiting for my AA1 to arrive this week!

billr

billr, Aug 25, 2008
  3. robd54

brachiopod

I'm using the Hauppauge Win TV-HVR 950 stick with my One. The One seems to be beneath the posted requirements on the Hauppauge site, but it works very nicely on the One nevertheless, including HD recording. The Hi def looks exceptionally good on the One screen.

brachiopod, Aug 25, 2008
Ask a Question