impossible to remove, is it a virus? please help

Discussion in 'Linux' started by hemlighena, Apr 1, 2009.

1. hemlighena

hemlighena

i downloaded a rar file containing some nude pictures. (it had a password to open the file)
    when i deleted the rar file I discover that a hidden rar file came up by it self called .fuse_hidden0000000600000009 and each time I try to remove it another one comes back whit a higher number than the last. (it looks like the hidden file contains the same pictures as the original file, but it has to be something else to!?)
    what is up with that :?:

what should I do?

(this is the first file I have downloaded since I installed this thing ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/freshrpms/fedor ... 7.i386.rpm to read the rar files, can it have something to do with that?)

hemlighena, Apr 1, 2009
  2. hemlighena

daldred

Reboot and see if it's gone.

The fuse_hidden file is a marker that a file which was in use has been deleted: the fuse filesystem keeps track of these things (actually, so do all Linux filesystems, but only fuse makes it visible). It is usually removed when the device is unmounted; you can't unmount the One's disk (assuming you're on the standard Acer setup) while the machine is running, so a reboot is the only way to do this.

daldred, Apr 2, 2009
Ask a Question