Impossible to install on a AOA150

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by loocust, Mar 23, 2009.

1. loocust

loocust

Hi:

There are some days since I'm trying to install several OSX distributions (Aitkos, IPC, etc), and it's not possible. I'm trying to install throught an external 3,5" DVD drive that lets me install any other OS but OSX. The problem seems that after a few minutes the Aspire one or automatically restats or seems to hang with the external USB DVD spining.
    The same discs works ok on a desktop PC and I've tryed to download different versions with the same results. Does anybody have an idea of waht am I doing wrong.
    My Aspire one is 1Gb of RAM and 80Gb conventional HD. Thanks in advance!!

loocust, Mar 23, 2009
  2. loocust

adamsweeting

Try booting with cpus=1 bootflag

adamsweeting, Mar 24, 2009
  3. loocust

loocust

Hi:

I finally managed to sucessfully install OSX, I changed the external DVD-RW drive for another and everything worked like a charm. I was using a HD external enclosure with a conventional DVD-RW so I decided to change for a Pioneer 06 and everything worked. Hope it will help others.

loocust, Mar 24, 2009
  4. loocust

vriesfde

Probably did not work because you were using a 3.5" DVD drive :? Never heard of them.....

Anyway, morfe seriously now, I believe that many problems occur using USB powered drives. On my one I now only use a powered USB DVD drive to install and fool around.
    Is your latest driive also powered externally?

vriesfde, Mar 24, 2009
  5. loocust

ronime

I used iPC 10.5.6, patched to boot from a USB HDD.

ronime, Mar 24, 2009
  6. loocust

loocust

Yes, the dvd drive is externally powered, I made it with a hard drive USB enclosure case.

loocust, Mar 24, 2009
Ask a Question