I'm desperate!...Card readers don't work after xp install

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by kalexan9, May 4, 2009.

1. kalexan9

kalexan9

Newbie here..... :eek: (yeah I know) Anyway, I have the AAO 110 (8GB SSD, 512 RAM) that had Linpus Lite. But after I used nlite to install xp pro, everything works except the media card readers on both sides (and the microphone for skype - but that's another issue). I have the correct drivers from the Acer website for XP card slots, but they will not install. I also tried reinstalling everything while making sure no cards were in the slots, but still no go. Did I do something wrong? I've also searched the forum the best I could but maybe I'm overlooking something. Your helpful knowledge will be appreciated.

kalexan9, May 4, 2009
  2. kalexan9

Tamrac

Obviously you've nlited a needed service or driver for the card readers.... Just install a plain Windows XP Home SP3. It only has a 1.7gb footprint. W/c still leaves lots of room on the SSD. Saves you the headache of incompatibilities and other problems. Cheers. :)

Tamrac, May 4, 2009
Ask a Question