IE and Windows Media Player Stopped Working on Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows' started by hafiz93, Mar 7, 2016.

1. hafiz93

hafiz93

Recently, I've had a problem with both Internet Explorer and Windows Media Player. Both of them stopped working and closed out right after I clicked on them. Windows Media Player immediately closed out with a dialog box saying," Windows Media Player has stopped working", while the Internet Explorer closed out with the same dialog box when I typed in and enter any URL. I don't normally use Internet Explorer but I do use it from time to time to check my Clickworker account. Does anyone have similar problems?

hafiz93, Mar 7, 2016
  2. hafiz93

something back

something back, Mar 7, 2016
  3. hafiz93

fcuco

Consider yourself lucky, that's just one minor inconvenience compare to some of the problems other people are facing, for instance, my start menu simply refused to work anymore out of the blue and I had to re install everything.

IE is a dead product and it will be go without any further support very soon, so consider using Edge or Firefox unless you are tied up to those very old web apps that only work on IE

fcuco, Mar 15, 2016
  4. hafiz93

djtech

You too? I thought I was the only one. Not that I felt bad about it though, but I still want to have the option of using wmp.

I think the last update did something to the whole thing. My photo viewer thingy isn't working either. I have had to use paint to view files which is a major headache.

I don't know what MS is doing, but its not pretty.

djtech, Mar 15, 2016
Ask a Question