Identifying a "Series #" for Ace Aspire One

Discussion in 'Windows' started by TigerLilly, Apr 18, 2009.

1. TigerLilly

TigerLilly

Hi,
    My parents just got an Acer Aspire One, to try out as their 1st computer, and while I'm sure it won't be to difficult to help them get started... the problem is that even though I found out it's a "AOD150-1156", there doesn't seem to be any indication that I've found so far about it's "Series #".
    I'm just trying to go online and maybe download the right user guide, but apparently I need to know the "Series #", which like I'm saying I don't... so,I'm hoping someone can guide me where to find such info.?
    Thanks!!!
    P.S If this helps... it is the 10.1 inch screen & has the 1.6 GHz Intel Atom N270 processor, also on hsn.com a reference pg. is http://electronics.hsn.com/acer-aspire- ... c0027|2132

TigerLilly, Apr 18, 2009
  2. TigerLilly

wozofoz

I spent hours searching around for a good User Guide for my AAO 9" and even got to the Acer Downloads page @
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/download.htm
    Since this page has a section called User Guides, I had a great feeling of success as I clicked on the dropdown and selected Notebook but this feeling was soon replaced by frustration as it asked me to Log In.

To the best of my knowledge, and searching, there is no better 'official' User Guide from Acer than the very light one that you will probably find in:
    Start > All Programs > Acer System

Best to search for answers to your questions here at aspireoneuser.com, that's what I do ;)
    Enjoy your AAO, I love mine :D

All the best, woz of oz

wozofoz, Apr 19, 2009
  3. TigerLilly

drmparalegal

Hello,
    When I purchased the recovery CDs for my AOA150-1635, I had to enter the SNID to make sure I was getting the correct ones. I note on the sticker on the bottom of mine, the SNID is different than the SN itself. I am not sure if this is the series number or not, but I hope this helps a bit. I did also download the PDF user manual from the Acer site directly. My impression is the AOA150 is basically the same, with the last four numbers of the model indicating the configuration of it... i.e., Windows OS, HHD vs SSD, etc.
    I've had mine since early February and as a student, find it a handy computer for school. It has served me well and I have been impressed with the features for such a nice inexpensive netbook computer.
    Take care and good luck,
    drm

drmparalegal, Apr 21, 2009
  4. TigerLilly

TigerLilly

Thank you for taking time to right your post! But, my Mom & Dad have decided that they definitely need a much bigger screen! So, now, my plan B has been set in motion... whereby I'm sure I can just help them find, a very "basic" as well as user friendly laptop on eBay. Which, will be WiFi ready, and have a big screen... as well as, of course just Windows XP as it's operating system. That I'm sure. will be fine. But, again, thank you for taking your time to post your thoughts!!!
    Best always,
    TigerLilly
    :D Also, if anyone else is reading this, who still needs a "user guide" for their "Acer Aspire One - Series #____________ ... the best website I did end-up finding, that lets you DOWNLOAD ONE FOR FREE after you SIGN-UP FOR FREE. Was @, http://www.scribd.com/doc/3900302/Acers ... sers-Guide. So, perhaps, I hope that helps you?!

TigerLilly, Apr 22, 2009
  5. TigerLilly

TigerLilly

:D Thank you very much for your post!!!
    But, please note my reply below to the second response I received, for “the rest of the story”.

TigerLilly, Apr 22, 2009
  6. TigerLilly

pidjones

I have found that Dell off-lease laptops and desktops are a great deal. You can find them here:http://www.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/jump_dfh_dfs?c=us&cs=22&l=en&s=dfh Beware that the inventory on it changes rapidly. I recently purchased three systems, and plan to buy one more soon for our church secretary's use. It is getting hard to find systems with XP now, and some of these even come with no OS if you want to Linux them.

pidjones, Apr 28, 2009
Ask a Question