I want to watch off-the air TV on my Aspire One

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Scott_fs, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Scott_fs

Scott_fs

Is the best way a usb tv tuner? What about an antenna? I'm going to be traveling and didn't want to buy a new HD portable if I can do it with just a tv tuner card.

Will this work? Does the Aspire One have usb 2.0 connectors?

Scott_fs, Apr 12, 2009
  2. Scott_fs

jerryt

USB HD tuner works somewhat. Most programs that come with the tuners stutter very badly because they max out the cpu and there is no graphic aceleration on the AAO.

Although I found one program which works perfectly for me, WatchHDTV.

You must have an external roof mounted antenna with ATSC or live across the street from the one channel you want.

jerryt, Apr 12, 2009
  3. Scott_fs

Guest Guest

I have a Wintv hvr 850 usb and it really works pretty well for digital all the analog channels are pretty grainy. It does stutter sometimes on full screen so I would reccomend using it at smaller then full screen then it looks great. I can even record although the recording will sutter once in a will so its not the best recordings. The antenna that comes with it sucks and that will be the hard part is finding a good portable antenna to work with digital. With rabbit ears I have at home it gets good reception but its kinda of big for the suitcase :) Also it gets really hot even after half hour it is almost hot enough to burn your fingers if you touch the metal antenna connector so mack sure it is covered. So becuase of the heat I would say the power consumption is high and it would suck down the battery, although I have only used it on AC power

Guest, May 8, 2009
Ask a Question