I want to try Linpus but I'm not sure where to start?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by nightrider36, Aug 11, 2009.

1. nightrider36

nightrider36

Hello all,

My AAO has Windows XP installed by default and I just dual-booted the HDD with Ubuntu (Netbook Remix). But I really like the interface that I see on the Linpus website. I downloaded the ISO but I can't find a tool that will burn it to a flash drive.

Do flash drives only use IMG? (might be why I can't find software to burn this)
    Is Linpus Lite available as a live version?

What strategy can I use to try Linpus?

Thanks.

nightrider36, Aug 11, 2009
  2. nightrider36

rarebook

There is so much info on this site and elsewhere on created a bootable usb, that probably no one thought it necessary to post a separate reply. I could never get it to work so bought an external CD-ROM. I thought Linpus was apart from the fact I found the 3G inplementation very unreliable. i like linux4one which I also installed using an external CD-ROM. It is annoying to have to buy more hardware. Still it is better than playing rough CDs than the internal drives in my laptops.

rarebook, Aug 20, 2009
  3. nightrider36

bodhi.zazen

Sorry no one answered you earlier. No need for external hardware or burnign a CD.

Linpus is distributed as an ISO. Download the iso and put it on a USB with unetbootin

http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

unetbootin is cross platform and runs on Windows, Linux, and OSX.

bodhi.zazen, Aug 21, 2009
  4. nightrider36

ramack

Last year I bought a couple IDE/SATA to USB adapters. Man, those are awesome for using a CD or DVD drive for loading an OS or just for using as an external drive on the netbooks. This allows you to use the same install disc that is used for a desktop or laptop, no need to boot from a thumb drive.

ramack, Aug 24, 2009
Ask a Question