I think the reason no Alienware users are here is because there are none.

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by lilant702, Apr 8, 2016.

1. lilant702

lilant702

In all honesty though, I don't own an Alienware, but I know someone that owns an Alienware desktop and for the price it was terrible. Their laptops seem pretty good for the price though, even though all of their prices are pretty expensive.

lilant702, Apr 8, 2016
  2. lilant702

jackiewbu

I loved Alienware! I never used the laptop but I had a desktop. It was excellent for gaming and had great RAM and graphics. It's pretty expensive but definitely worth it if you're a gamer. If you usually just surf the web I wouldn't invest in it.

jackiewbu, Apr 9, 2016
  3. lilant702

spence88

Laptop user? There is actually. I guess you'll see him reply here sometime soon. Yeah I agree, I think it's best to build desktops ourselves (although Alienware desktops do indeed look awesome). It's easy and there are a lot of customization options to choose from. Laptops, on the other hand, are the exact opposite, where it's better to buy a prebuilt one from a manufacturer. Gaming laptops are indeed pretty expensive, it definitely is a luxury item.

spence88, Apr 9, 2016
  4. lilant702

fcuco

Alienware was huge like 10 years ago, they were certainly coveted items, not only by the general public but by actual geeky technical people, you now the drill, normal people love a product yet you lose you nerd card if you confess to love it too, but in this case they were the "in" thing. I don't know what happened, they still exist but it appears that that they simply vanished from the collective mind, perhaps because it was at that time that Apple started to become cool again? I don't know.

fcuco, Apr 9, 2016
  5. lilant702

Sefie

There is a user of Alienware here, that I know of. I was almost an user once, but I decided to wait to have enough for a new one, not an used one. It was a great deal, but I have never liked the idea of buying used laptops.

Sefie, Apr 10, 2016
  6. lilant702

IcyBC

@CasualGoofy has an Alienware laptop, and he should be here after I tagged him :) My teenager at one time asked for an Alienware laptop before but I couldn't afford it. It was way over my budget and it is expensive indeed.

IcyBC, Apr 10, 2016
  7. lilant702

Dilof

Alienware is way too overpriced for practically the exact same hardware that you would be able to get customly built for a less price. I would never recommend an Alienware PC or laptop to anyone I knew, they literally pry on people who know nothing about computers or laptops and try to get them to buy something overpriced simply because they've made a name for themselves by sponsoring people.

A custom built PC will most likely run way better than alienwares anyway, and can be tuned to the tasks required.

Dilof, Apr 10, 2016
  8. lilant702

spence88

I agree the only benefits I see from buying an Alienware are the warranty, looks and the bragging rights. And sometimes, those are enough to compel most people to buy, including myself. :D

I think it depends on the components you'll use. Alienwares come with great custom features and cooling that can be hard to match.

spence88, Apr 11, 2016
  9. lilant702

OursIsTheFury

It's a rather ridiculously expensive piece of hardware, and definitely more of the brand rather than quality. There are lots of cheaper alternatives, with better results. The only reason for you to buy this is to brag to other people that you can afford one. I really don't think it is worth it, with all the other gaming laptops available in the market.

OursIsTheFury, Apr 23, 2016
  10. lilant702

Yillbs

Could you name a few ?

Yillbs, May 10, 2016
  11. lilant702

Allen1

If yоu аrеn't саpаblе оf building yоur оwn mасhinе pаrt by pаrt, аliеnwаrе dоеs it fоr yоu. I rеаlly likе my M14x. I did hаvе а rаndоm sсrееn issuе, but I асtuаlly hаd а grеаt сustоmеr sеrviсе еxpеriеnсе. Thе sеnt а nеw sсrееn tо а lосаl Dеll аuthоrizеd rеpаirmаn аnd hе саmе tо my оffiсе tо fix it. Thе сustоmеr sеrviсе аgеnt еmаilеd mе viа а pеrsоnаl еmаil аnd сhесkеd in tо sее thаt it wеnt wеll (аnd асtuаlly аppеаrеd tо саrе).
    Yоu соuld mаx оut sоmе оthеr mоdеls. My buddy hаs а nеw XPS. It's muсh thinnеr аnd а littlе lоwеr оn thе pеrfоrmаnсе сhаrts. But thаt's whаt hе wаntеd. Wе pаid thе sаmе priсе аnd hе gаvе up pеrfоrmаnсе fоr pоrtаbility.

Allen1, Sep 18, 2016
Ask a Question