I rue the day I bought Aspire One!!!

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by casserced, Apr 20, 2009.

1. casserced

casserced

Well...not quite... but will soon!
    Complete newbie but not brain dead... did some research, and thought I could get used to Linux system.... and on the whole not bad but why oh why installing a modem broadband so difficult...
    an entire weekend of googling how to.....which ever site I went to, which ever set up I tried (Mobile Partner, wvdial, gnome.ppp....) there is always something that stops me from finishing the install or if finished.. just won't work
    I long for the good old day of plug and play...
    The whole point of a netbook is to be on the move.. a mobile connection is quite crucial... so why is it so difficult?
    Apart from that I love the little blither!
    Cass

casserced, Apr 20, 2009
  2. casserced

clawmvp

clawmvp, Apr 20, 2009
  3. casserced

Biostem

Linux has its pros and cons. The open source (and free) nature makes it appealing to those more familiar w/ using command line instructions and fending for themselves. For most everyone else, Windows is the way to go. I'm sorry I can't help you more w/ the Linux end of things; I just bought that version because it was the cheapest, and threw my own version of Windows on...

Biostem, Apr 27, 2009
  4. casserced

Tamrac

Good old day? Heehehe.... Install Windows or Windows 7 on your AAO. It will bring back the smile on your face. Linux is not for newbies. ;)

Tamrac, Apr 27, 2009
Ask a Question