I liked my first one so much, I bought a second just like it.

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by cluckeyo, Jul 19, 2016.

1. cluckeyo

cluckeyo

This is the laptop I just bought. http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp---...vailable)-v1v04av-1?jumpid=Laptops_Finder_PDP It can be ordered to specs and I did change a couple of things. I got the best quality wifi and I a long life battery. But the basics here are great. It is quad core, 4 RAM, 15.6" screen, lightweight, Windows 10, Brand new!! Very pleased so far and just ordered a 2nd one yesterday, as I had a need for it. Price starts at $249.99.

cluckeyo, Jul 19, 2016
    Corzhens likes this.
  2. cluckeyo

IcyBC

That is a really good price for the 15.6" screen! I can see that the touch pad is a bit off center, and that is something I don't like. How does it work out for you? Are you used to use the touch pad off center like that? Just curious!

IcyBC, Jul 19, 2016
    hades_leae likes this.
  3. cluckeyo

hades_leae

That's really is a good price for such a laptop, as I was reading, I thought I was going to see a price more than $400 dollars. HP has gotten really good at offering quality products at fair prices.

Those basic stats are great, how much memory is the hard drive? That would be the killer for me if it's anything below 500GB. It's 2016, storage is super cheap.

hades_leae, Jul 19, 2016
  4. cluckeyo

cluckeyo

@hades_leae "Those basic stats are great, how much memory is the hard drive? That would be the killer for me if it's anything below 500GB. It's 2016, storage is super cheap."

500 GB 54 RPM SATA

cluckeyo, Jul 22, 2016
  5. cluckeyo

Corzhens

Yeah, I have to agree that it's a good buy considering that big monitor. And it's an HP for that price of less than $300, surely my husband would grab that. However, we never purchase electronic products online because of the warranty. What if there is a technical problem? An HP here with that big monitor would cost more than double that amount and it's really a bargain compared to the prices of HP in computer stores. But I will show that link to my husband (I have saved the link in the favorites of our browser).

Corzhens, Jul 22, 2016
    IcyBC likes this.
  6. cluckeyo

cluckeyo

The touch-pad is off-center because it has a keypad on the right. So instead of using the numbers across the top, you have like an adding machine to your right, which is very nice. I can position the laptop according what I am using it for at the time. So the off-center issue has not been a problem for me at all.

cluckeyo, Jul 22, 2016
    IcyBC likes this.
  7. cluckeyo

cluckeyo

cluckeyo, Jul 25, 2016
  8. cluckeyo

SirJoe

That is a very good price for a laptop, I'm glad you are happy with it. That laptop is good for light work and navigating the net but you can't beat the price.

SirJoe, Jul 31, 2016
    cluckeyo likes this.
  9. cluckeyo

rz3300

Well when it comes to electronics, I think that this is something that happens a lot more often than you might think. At least that is how I am, when I find a brand or product that I like, I stick with it, and until someone shows me something better I am going with what I know and like. This is probably the reason why everything I own is a Samsung, and to this day I have had no to little issues with everything that they make, so I am perfectly happy with them. Thanks for sharing.

rz3300, Jul 31, 2016
  10. cluckeyo

Vash

4GB RAM? It is just not enough for me these days. You should aim for 8GB RAM as even browsers are more memory intense than before. On my 8GB Surface Pro 4, sometimes with dozens tabs open the computer would slow down.

Vash, Aug 1, 2016
Ask a Question