I interrupted bios flashing. How do I recover from it?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by jc82lg, Aug 11, 2011.

1. jc82lg

jc82lg

Hi guys I really hope you can help me out on this one.

I was recently trying to flash the bios of my Aspire One ZG5. I inserted the usb thumb drive, powered on pressing fn+esc, powered it on, waited for blinking light and pressed it again.
    Everything was going according to plan (this is not the first time I have done a bios flash on a ZG5 btw), but then I messed up and powered the computer down before it was done flashing. I don't know what I was thinking but I forgot to leave it alone until it finished and re-booted.
    Of course the flash didn't go through and now when I try to do it again following the same exact steps it doesn't work. I get to the part where I press fn+esc, power it up, the light blinks, but when I press it again to begin the flashing nothing happens. The power light remains blinking but there's no activity on the usb drive.

Can somebody help me out please? Is there a way to recover from my mistake?

jc82lg, Aug 11, 2011
  2. jc82lg

bigdoe1014

Well, you can try to reflash it again to see if the bios will take. If not you will have to replace the bios chip.

bigdoe1014, Sep 7, 2011
Ask a Question