I have been trying with linpus, but...

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Joy P, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Joy P

Joy P

Like many others I bought the AA1 with linux, as the system is free, lightweight and fast. I have tried to download various programs, the only one I have succeeded with is Skype, and even that has had problems. Most of the others, when I try to extract the files, show an error message.

I don't want to do anything complicated on this computer - I have another with Windows Vista, but I would like some simple applications like iTunes or another similar program, really for accessing podcasts when I am away on holiday. I am so frustrated, hardly anything other than the basic, already installed surfing and word-processing programs, work. I am ready to try to instal XP - if I dare! I am fairly technically-minded, but all this beats me.

Has anyone got any comments?

Joy P, Feb 24, 2009
  2. Joy P

epi10mg

I have tried several OS on my AA1 and Linpus works the best with AA1. The majority of my help for Linpus came from searching this forum and http://macles.blogspot.com.

epi10mg, Feb 24, 2009
  3. Joy P

daldred

Have you read the HowTo on installing software under Linux? (Since you're talking about downloading stuff and extratcting files, I'd guess not).

daldred, Feb 24, 2009
Ask a Question