I Have A Vostro...Whatever That Is

Discussion in 'Dell' started by rz3300, Mar 20, 2016.

?

Have You Heard Of The Dell Vostro?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. rz3300

rz3300

Well overall I would like to think that I am pretty in turn with what is out there when it comes to laptops and the products that companies offer, but at work the last couple of weeks I have been using a Dell Vostro, and I have never heard of the thing before. It works fine, and there is really nothing exciting to it, but I was just surprised.

It made me wonder about all the other less popular products that may be out there.

Does anyone use any model that might be considered non traditional or less popular? Did it fly under the radar?

rz3300, Mar 20, 2016
  2. rz3300

sparkster

I think you may have responded to my other post about Lifebooks made by Futjitsu Siemens. A few people commented that they didn't know what they were. I have been using Lifebooks for the last five years or so. However, yesterday I bought a brand new laptop and decided to switch to a Lenovo G50. It's not a convertible and it doesn't have touchscreen but it's a tidy computer and is much better than my now outdated Lifebook!

sparkster, Mar 20, 2016
  3. rz3300

CasualGoofy

My Dell Vostro 1500 still works. Except that it's on Windows XP, low in storage, not so great battery. While it may be outdated, I would use it at times. It so happens, I didn't own any odd brand laptop. The only time someone wondered what my notebook brand was was my Alienware m11x r2. I brought it along with me to trip, and went to buy a replacement adapter for it. The shop employee outright asked, "Woah what is this laptop?" This was years ago, so when I said it's actually my gaming notebook. :D He made more "what the" faces.

Less popular doesn't automatically dismiss them as lame.

CasualGoofy, Mar 21, 2016
  4. rz3300

rz3300

I have always wondered what owning an Alienware machine would be like. I say machine there on purpose, because they just have that more machine like feel to them than the more traditional laptops. I have only really played around with one in the store though, and I do not have any real experience with them, but I have to say that I am curious. Glad to see that you have the Vostro though, CasualGoofy.

rz3300, Apr 2, 2016
  5. rz3300

CasualGoofy

Well ........ you get to geek out for having an unconventionally looking notebook that has led lights. Depending on your taste, it can be less boring to look at. It definitely is more machine-toy feeling. And it gets more looks than a Mac does.

Good thing I never got any negative comments about why I have one instead of getting a Mac or other normal laptops.

As for user experience overall, I would say decent for notebook. I never brushed the touchpad by accident. I've used Adobe Illustrator without a hitch. I've played mmorpg on it. It fits in a small messenger bag. The newer Alienware models might be significantly better. I don't have buyer's remorse :cool:

Funny that I seem to be the only one here that knows a Vostro! I'm owner of two unpopular devices (haha). Now if I could just upgrade the HDD or ram on that sometime.

CasualGoofy, Apr 2, 2016
Ask a Question