I did not realize laptop had gotten so inexpensive.

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by cluckeyo, Jun 22, 2016.

1. cluckeyo

cluckeyo

I just scored a really nice laptop from HP. I found it on Brad's Deals and got a great buy. They let me order it to specs and it is loaded with the best networking, a larger battery, quad core,... way more than I need and I only paid $319, and 4% cash back. I almost got a Chromebook but I figure at this price, I may as well have more options. I have an HP printer which I love, so hoping this will be a great laptop.

cluckeyo, Jun 22, 2016
    Krissttina Isobe and SirJoe like this.
  2. cluckeyo

Corzhens

I wonder where I can buy the same HP laptop for that price. That's just about 15,000 pesos which is very cheap since the prices on the computer store 2 weeks ago were more than 30,000 pesos at least. So that means you got a bargain at around 50%. But wait, I'm talking of brand new HP and Acer with 11-inch monitor. But whatever it is, I would still say that you got a good steal. Congratulations.

Corzhens, Jun 22, 2016
  3. cluckeyo

SirJoe

Nice to hear, it really depends on what you are thinking of buying but there are really good deals out there at this point in time. Since there are more and more people moving to mobile devices, they have to lower the prices of laptops to keep people interested so this market is suffering some profound changes.

SirJoe, Jun 22, 2016
    Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  4. cluckeyo

IcyBC

Wow, that is a great deal, and the price is really unbeatable! I will check it out since my son will be going to college next year, and this would be a great graduation gift!

IcyBC, Jun 22, 2016
  5. cluckeyo

cluckeyo

cluckeyo, Jun 22, 2016
    IcyBC likes this.
  6. cluckeyo

IBMPC8088

Yeah, they're cheapening the price of everything lately...which is great if you're in the market to buy one, but it's horrible news if you're trying to sell recertified systems, sell a used system, or sell a new system that you have still in the box when the prices keep dropping on all of them. On Ebay, it seems that people only want to get systems for half their price, too. So if you're looking to buy new and get a deal, you can often find one there even more than on Amazon. If you're looking to sell one, it sucks because you may only get half or less for it, even if it's new, unless selling it locally.

I really wish there weren't so many mobile devices out there to cheapen and drive down the industry. Again, it's great if you're buying a laptop for yourself that you never plan on selling to anyone in the future ever again, but terrible for everyone else to deal with.

IBMPC8088, Jun 22, 2016
  7. cluckeyo

vinaya

In my home country, lots of Indian and Chinese laptop brands have flooded the market. Usually, Indian and Chinese brans are inexpensive compared to American and Japanese brands. Reliability of Indian and Chinese brand is less, but cost less that the American and Japanese brand.

vinaya, Jun 22, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  8. cluckeyo

IcyBC

IcyBC, Jun 25, 2016
  9. cluckeyo

Vash

Me too. Sometimes late last year I suddenly noticed that you can get a solid setup for $500 or even less. Something like 8GB RAM with i5, and SSD. This kind of hardware used to cost over $1,000 or more. But I guess it is cheaper to make these components these days.

I still paid premium for my Surface Pro 4 though. Core i5, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD. All for almost $1,500 including the type cover and leather case. I guess I paid for the extra thin, light, design, as well as the ultra high resolution touchscreen.

Vash, Jun 28, 2016
  10. cluckeyo

Krnasmommy

I went looking for a laptop the other day and couldn't believe the lowest price was almost $400. I want something that's not gonna crash after the first month I have it but I also don't want to pay an arm and a leg. Laptop prices are just outrageous

Krnasmommy, Jun 28, 2016
  11. cluckeyo

Krissttina Isobe

Thanks for the information on cheap laptops. Nice to know that you can find cheap laptops today. I usually check Sunday's ads and compare prices.

Krissttina Isobe, Jun 29, 2016
    IcyBC likes this.
  12. cluckeyo

Jaydon A.

Yep I have noticed that desktops and laptops have gotten cheaper in these past 10 years. I remember when I was looking for a new laptop back in 2010, prices were anywhere from 400 to 900 USD. Now you can get pretty inexpensive, yet high quality laptop for 200 to 300 USD.

Jaydon A., Jun 29, 2016
    IcyBC likes this.
  13. cluckeyo

acerme2

You got yourself a great deal. Unfortunately, the same unit would have caused the equivalent of $600 in my country if I were to buy it in a local store. Buying online could be cheaper though, but I've read a lot of complaints about product quality or authenticity of products sold by some online sellers here.

acerme2, Aug 26, 2016
  14. cluckeyo

djordjem87

This is a very good prise actually even for Serbia. For 300 Euros you can by medium to low quality laptops. The one I have now more than 300 Euros and it is Toshiba Satellite with specs not even close to those what you are describing and even though you haven't described much I can see where you are going with it. My laptop can only process Windows 7 properly, I'm using Linux but still.

djordjem87, Aug 29, 2016
Ask a Question