I can't instal XP on my Aspire one (AO532H-2574)

Discussion in 'Windows' started by idi_begaj, Dec 13, 2010.

1. idi_begaj

idi_begaj

My Aspire One come with Linpus Lite Moblin.

I have tried to install XP by USB using programs to make bootable USB: USB MultiBoot 10 and, another, WinToFlash. But without succes.

I followed intructions (about booting device, and set to USB HDD), but nothing happen. Every time I try to instal XP by text mode setup, instalation starts but stops after few seconds and I get blue screen 7B*.

When I use GUI mode, I get notice thas hal.dll is missing.

It seems that XP instalation can't find destination hard disk at all. (I think hard disk have 2 partition (one for system restore)).

Then, I also made another bootable USB but with MS-DOS, and using USB FDD option in BIOS, tryed to find HD (or partition) with FDISK. But, FDISK didn't find anything!

So I am stuck with poor Linpus Lite and tired of trying.

Please help!

-------------
    * http://www.techsupportforum.com/microso ... ot-cd.html

idi_begaj, Dec 13, 2010
  2. idi_begaj

Swarvey Moderator

Ceck in your BIOS to see if AHCI mode is enabled, if it is, disable it and windows should install fine.

Swarvey, Dec 14, 2010
  3. idi_begaj

DutchDK

Or better yet, slipstream the Intel SATA driver into the XP install CD with Nlite.
    Changing an installed XP, which was installed under IDE mode, to use AHCI mode later on, is known to turn longhaired hippies into Kojak lookalikes, due to the hassle and steps needed.

Dutch

DutchDK, Dec 14, 2010
  4. idi_begaj

idi_begaj

Frankly, guys thanks a lot!

I changed to IDE mode and instalation started normaly, and I succed to find 2 partition and delete them, and curently format disk (NTFS).

First I will try this way (to put in IDE mode as you, Swarvey, say I should), with this in mind: DutchDK, is there any problem if I continue in IDE mode, or, to say, not change to AHCI mode after instalation of XP? Will system be stable?

Salute!

P.S. See you latter this day with informations about instalation.

idi_begaj, Dec 14, 2010
  5. idi_begaj

Swarvey Moderator

slipstreaming the SATA driver into the XP disk is by far the best method as you will be using AHCI mode, which can be faster.

If you want to continue in IDE mode you shouldn't have any problems, but it will not by any means be easy to change to AHCI later. Doing so could render your OS useless.

Swarvey, Dec 14, 2010
  6. idi_begaj

idi_begaj

I have already instaled XP. Problem is solved, thanks again!!
    I will not swich to AHCI, so there will be no problems futher.

idi_begaj, Dec 14, 2010
Ask a Question