I borked my red button

Discussion in 'Linux' started by JimK, Aug 25, 2008.

1. JimK

JimK

OK, I was screwing with the panel to get the clock read normal time instead of military time, which required me to kill the panel, edit the clock.rc config file and restart the panel.

I got the clock fixed, but now the red icon on the right of the panel -- the one that's supposed to give you the choice to shutdown, restart etc. -- doesn't work anymore. Now, when I click it, it asks pops up a dialog box asking, do you really want to quit panel?

Now, I know I can get around it by using the power switch to shut down -- which is perfectly safe -- but that just goes against years and years of learning to properly log off before touching the switch. So how do I make the red icon do end session instead of exit panel?

JimK, Aug 25, 2008
  2. JimK

Demiurge

I had the same problem once. Just took a reboot from terminal, and when it booted up again the button worked as it should :)

Demiurge, Aug 25, 2008
  3. JimK

JimK

Well, I'll be danged. The first time I rebooted it didn't fix it, but the next time it did. This has got to be the weirdest Linux distro out there.

JimK, Aug 25, 2008
Ask a Question