I am completely torn between these two laptops

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by c282105, Apr 23, 2016.

1. c282105

c282105

I have pretty good general knowledge of computers and specs, but I'm not an expert in anyway. Which of these two laptops have the edge? In terms of price they are pretty similar and they both fit my budget.

Option 1:
    http://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-1...ue&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_2&smid=A334XHS1C5Y12J

Option 2:
    http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron...rue&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

The HP has touchscreen, which is pretty nice, but its not really a deal breaker. I've had bad experiences with HP laptops before so I'm a little biased in that regard. Also, the Dell looks better in terms of design in my opinion. From what I can tell, the Dell's graphics card is a bit better, right? Processors are identical??
    I just absolutely cannot choose and I feel as if I may be missing something. Help?? Thanks in advance for any input!

c282105, Apr 23, 2016
  2. c282105

spence88

Please be more specific. What will you do with your laptop? If you have a "pretty good general knowledge" then you can definitely answer your question! :)
    But yeah anyway, the Dell laptop costs 80 dollars more but has a 960m, definitely a good bump in performance when you plan to game. Although I'm not sure how big the performance difference is.
    Any of them will do in my opinion. Cheers

spence88, Apr 25, 2016
  3. c282105

Pablo Diaz

DEFINITELY get the Dell in my opinion. Not only you're getting a 960m but you're also getting an 8 gb SSD (which isnt that much, but still..) Now, I don't know if you're going to be gaming on it but if I were you I would get the Dell one since it will have better performance while gaming. And also it'll be useful for a longer time.

Anyways, you're the one who knows what's best for you, I'm simply giving you my opinion. If you don't think the performance improvements justify the price difference, then buy the HP one!

Cheers.

Pablo Diaz, Apr 25, 2016
  4. c282105

Corzhens

I have been using an HP as the official laptop in the office. My husband is now shopping for info on laptops to replace our old desktop at hom and his prospect now is Dell. However, the cost of Dell is causing the hesitation. We are cheapskates when it comes to computers and the 3 computers that we had owned were bought on promo offers with big discounts. So I guess Dell will not materialize. But in fairness, my husband liked Dell because of the good spec.

Corzhens, Apr 25, 2016
  5. c282105

djdelarosa25

djdelarosa25, Apr 26, 2016
  6. c282105

c282105

Thank you everyone! I ended up going with the Dell and it should be here soon!

c282105, Apr 26, 2016
Ask a Question